All my coaching programs begin with an initial consultation. This is your chance to talk about YOU in depth and determine how I can help you reach your goals.
We will review your health history, symptoms, dietary history and specific goals. I can also review any recent labwork you may have to look deeper into possible causes of your symptoms and help you prevent future symptoms.
You can setup your consultation via email or by using the form, above.
Health Issues I Can Support You With:
- anxiety and depression
- low energy/tired all the time
- digestive discomfort
(constipation, diarrhea, reflux, bloating/gas/pain)
- high blood sugar
- high blood pressure
- weight gain
- thyroid, adrenal and/or hormone imbalance
- frequent colds and bugs
- autoimmune issues
- pain and inflammation
- and many others
Your health and happiness are your most valuable assets.
When was the last time you talked with someone about them and received the time and personal attention you deserve?
Together we will explore the root cause of your health issues, from minor symptoms to chronic conditions, instead of masking the symptoms through medications.
I am passionate about teaching people the tools to feel healthier, happier, lighter, clearer... physically and mentally... and to harness their own power in transforming their health. Self care is our true primary care and wellness begins at home.
Receive one on one coaching in person and/or via phone. Programs start at 6 sessions but can be continued as long as you need the support. Every session is completely customized to you and your unique needs.
I believe strongly that the body has an innate ability to heal itself if it has what it needs.
The simple path to healing is threefold:
- MAXIMIZE the good stuff:
Raw materials your body needs to function and heal
(e.g. vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein, healthy fats)
- MINIMIZE the bad stuff:
Toxins, infections, allergens, stress.
- PRIORITIZE an environment for healing: Sleep, rest, laughter/stress reduction, meaningful relationships.
While this may seem overly simple, the reality is that optimal health is usually not complicated. Today much of modern medicine focuses on specialties. But in fact, every one of our organs and body systems affect all the others. Just as our thoughts and feelings affect our bodies. I will help you look at the whole picture by using functional medicine principles to figure out whats missing and what you may need to add.
What is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease instead of only addressing symptoms.
One on one coaching includes all of the following:
(click to view listing)
- Six 50-minute sessions to focus completely on you and your health and happiness
- Set and accomplish goals
- Understand the root causes of chronic or inflammatory symptoms in your unique body.
- Understand and reduce cravings
- Increase energy
- Feel better in your body
- Review and interpretation of your annual labwork so you understand what it means.
- Understand how your lifestyle might be affecting your health
- Nutrition education
- Education on your specific health issues and how you can make changes to reverse them
- Handouts, book suggestions, and other resources
Some important questions to ask yourself...
(click to view questions)
- Are you aware of how to choose foods and/or supplements that directly support your specific health challenges?
- Are you aware that it is possible to choose foods and/or supplements that can actually interfere with healing in your unique body?
- Are you proactive enough with your doctor to get the care you need for your specific issues? Do you remember to tell him/her all your symptoms even if you think they donít matter? Are you unable to ask for the labs you need to get to the root cause of your issues because you have no idea what to ask for?
- If you frequently use over the counter medications, do you realize that adjusting your diet and eliminating nutrient deficiencies and imbalances could be all you need to eliminate your symptoms? If you ignore the warnings on the labels about side effects, do you assume it wonít happen to you?
- If youíve been beating yourself up about stubborn weight gain, did you know that any kind of inflammation or imbalance in the body can completely block weight loss?
These are all questions I can help you answer so you feel more in control of your health!
How I got started...
Over time I started to be increasingly dissatisfied with my own healthcare. Being given a prescription without really searching for the cause of whatever was ailing me seemed wrong. I realized that one annual doctors visit was completely inadequate for maintaining true wellness regardless of the quality of the doctor. My instincts told me there had to be a better way. I started to do some research and realized not only could I help myself to maintain true wellness, but I could also help others. The rest is history.
I am determined to put YOU in the drivers seat of your own healing. Could one conversation change your life? Let me bring powerful coaching support and functional medicine expertise to your wellness journey.
Aimee Peterson, CHHC, AADP
Certified Holistic Health Coach
American Association of Drugless Practitioner
Certification & Education:
Extensive training in the principles of Functional Medicine with focus on the following subjects:
- Cardiovascular wellness
- Thyroid and adrenal health
- Digestive wellness
- Labwork and Supplements
- Cellular metabolism: how and why we feel energetic (or not)
- Disease: roots and natural solutions
- Autoimmune Disease: roots and natural solutions
- Depression and Anxiety
- Hormone Health
Holistic health coach certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in NY, NY.
(click to read more)
IIN has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Course content included practical lifestyle management techniques and innovative coaching methods with some of the world's top health and wellness experts such as Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University's Prevention Research Center; Dr Walter Willet, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities.
BS Psychology, St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY